The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) is a federal/state program designed to obtain, maintain, and advance employment for people with disabilities by working with DVR consumers, employers, and other partners.
To obtain, maintain and improve employment for people with disabilities by working with VR consumers, employers and other partners.
What We Do
- Provide employment services and counseling to people with disabilities.
- Provide or arrange for services to enable an individual to go to work.
- Provide training and technical assistance to employers regarding disability employment issues.
Who We Serve
- Individuals with disabilities who face a substantial barrier to employment.
Where We Are
The Role of VR Staff
The Division Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) work is done through DVR staff located around the state. These staff members are available to assist all customers with their questions and concerns about the services and programs DVR can provide.
DVR consists of two Bureaus
- Bureau of Consumer Services
- Coordination of field-based consumer services.
- Bureau of Management Services
- Coordination of fiscal and budgeting activities, information technology functions, coordination of training, program development, grants, public information, planning/evaluation functions. and program assistant support to Central Office.
Your Path through the DVR process
- Employer Services
- Employment Support
Madison, Wisconsin 53707
Phone: (608) 261-0050
Toll Free: (800) 442-3477
Counties served: Statewide
Last Verified Date: 2/25/20